Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board  

Go Back   Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board > Poker Forums > Site Feedback & News
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Administrator

egthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond repute
How Can We Get More Members???

Fellow Poker Lovers....

I'm turning to you - where and how can we get more members? This forum has excellent potential and VERY powerful software behind it. So I pose a question to you, where and how can we get more members?

Thank You,
EG

The Number One Online Poker Resource!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Silver Member

KatieG is on a distinguished road
Hmm, I definitely think that having the contest brings in people that might not otherwise check it out. Where else can you advertise besides the newsgroup? That might be what I would focus on. I am not really familiar with poker sites on the internet, but that is what I would try, getting my ads out there where people that would be interested in this site would be likely to go. I have no idea how much such ads cost, but what about buying say google coverage? I guess it depends on how much you want to spend on advertising...
Old 03-20-2005, 03:01 AM
TRIPLE BLACK DIAMOND MEMBER

card4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nice
I agree that this site does have a lot to offer. I try to mention it to people I play with or chat with in other forums. Maybe you could do some more link exchanges with other forums or affiliates?

I think ultimately it will come down to word of mouth. So to everyone here, if you like tips4poker, tell a friend and help keep the site going and growing.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Singletoned is on a distinguished road
Starting some interesting conversations helps. I haven't read anything on here that's amazingly interesting yet.

Maybe if you got some of the major players to post a few tips on here, that would help?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Administrator

egthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond reputeegthareal has a reputation beyond repute
Some great ideas! Ya, interesting conversation is definately key to keeping the conversation rocking.

Any idea where we get some pro's to chat with us?

--EG

The Number One Online Poker Resource!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

ajpoker is on a distinguished road
You could always host a freeroll tournament on one of the bigger poker sites. Everyone that plays at the site will come here for the password.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Silver Member

Singletoned is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by egthareal
Any idea where we get some pro's to chat with us?
A lot of them hang out at RGP. I'm not sure how you would incentivise them, though.

An easy way to start might be to get someone interesting to agree to answer five questions. Then have a thread where people try to come up with five interesting questions. Pick the best five questions and put them to the pro, then put their answers up on the forum.

Last edited by tiptheboss; 02-09-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

SeiferFF8 is on a distinguished road
Definately more private freeroll tournaments with the post requirements. Also, setting up a bounty on certain players at the tournaments would entice more people to the forum make for better competition.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Silver Member

mikester47 is on a distinguished road
i recommend getting more of the freerolls. I am a new member to the site and have found you guys because of the freeroll that you are going to hold on Noble, I mean who doesn't love free money?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

mikester47 is on a distinguished road
A bounty would be a great idea if you made the freerolls into a weekly or biweekly thing, as you could always just put a bounty on the defending champ from the previous week. This would encourage people to actively check out the results from the previous week and get more into the freerolls.