Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board  

Go Back   Poker Forum - Tips For Poker Message Board > Poker Forums > Poker On TV
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 AM
TRIPLE BLACK DIAMOND MEMBER

card4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nicecard4 is just really nice
Is there too much poker on tv?

With poker tournaments on some tv channel every day of the week now, do you think we have gotten to the point of too much of a good thing. I have no problem with seeing a lot of quality poker shows but I think because of the popularity of the game, there are a lot of cheesy shows just capitalizing on poker's popularity without delivering a quality broadcast.

I'm sure ESPNs WSOP coverage and the Travel Channels WPT coverage are most people's favorites but are their other shows that you think are worth watching? If so, what are they? On the other side of the coin, which shows do you feel are terrible and should be canceled immediately?

Personally I have enjoyed FSNs Poker Superstars 2 tournament. The structure is different from other events but there was some great drama at the end as players were in do or die situations to advance further in the tournament. I think having the winner decided in a series of heads up matches is also interesting. Other than that, a lot of the other FSN poker shows such as the ultimate bet tournament and the poker million were boring to me.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Gold Member

Earthslash is on a distinguished road
WPT is my favorite by far because you'll see a lot of different hands, and not QQ vs AK and an all-in every other hand. Its just more exciting to me, but the WSOP is still fun to watch. A lot of the other ones aren't that great, but sometimes watching bad poker is better than watching other shows. I just watched the first episode of season 2 of Ultimate Poker Challenge I think it was... I didn't find it that exciting at all. The blinds were already so high it didn't give the players much room to manuever.