PDA

View Full Version : Taking Friends To The Poker Room (Good Or Bad Idea?)

egthareal
02-18-2005, 07:56 PM
If you've read alot of my previous posts on the old forum you would probably know that I am against taking friends to the poker room. When I began playing poker years ago I was against going to the card room by myself. Now I ONLY goto the card room by myself. Why? Because, I feel that by taking a friend you take upon another level of responsibility. Don't get me wrong because, there are certain situations in which bringing a friend is perfectly fine. However, if you plan on playing seriously then you should go by yourself.

I'm interested to see how other people feel about this situation. Do you think its okay to goto the poker room by yourself? Not only is it okay but, is it a better idea than taking a friend? Will your friend hold you back or keep you from potentially winning (IE: forcing you to go home early) ?

JungleFVR
02-18-2005, 10:47 PM
When it comes to taking friends to the poker room. I understand your points that have been made. Usually my friends are really reasonable about coming to the poker room. There is a mutual understanding between all of us that if someone busts out early they better be prepared to stay and postively encourage the rest. Which translates to he better be getting drinks when the damn drink girl is not around. J/K the friends would probably disown me if they read that. But the point is that if your going with your friends proper etiquette dictates that you better be in for the longhaul. Unless your a professional or addicted going the the pokerroom should be a fun planned trip like anything other planned trip with the guys.

kansaspoker
03-08-2005, 02:18 AM
I always take 3 friends when i go to the poker room. The reason being, there are multiple tables and we work from the same bankroll.

We are about the equal skill level and we always win!

Gabriela_Lawana
11-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Guys, sorry for off topic. No time left. This weekend event.
$50 Carbon Poker active members weekend Nov. 25 freeroll
Original news post is
Good Luck and Happy Holidays !!!

PokerEuphoria
10-11-2008, 04:34 AM
This is a GREAT question. Depends on the type of person you are as well as your friends. Everyone should have a mutual understanding that its Poker, and sometimes "crap" happens. Be prepared and have a backup plan, maybe take seperate cars (unless some of you are drinking) then you want a sober driver. Sum it all up.... Your adults, come to a understanding! Most of all, play your best at every hand; build your game, brick by brick