PDA

View Full Version : Running bad for the first time

cayden9598
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
He title pretty much explains it all. After joining FTR and with the very helpful knowledge of people here I was able to turn a good profit over the last 9000 hands. My bb/100 would range from around 4-7 depending on how I was running. I chalked that up to variance and figured hey this is not too bad.

Fast forward to the last couple of weeks. I cannot win a session. 13 out of my last 14 sessions have been in the red. I know I should not think of sessions individually but it wears on you when you come up big on a set and then your stack is slowly dwindled away. The thing is I am not making bad plays either. I think variance is just rearing its ugly head. I have started to get frustrated lately and have not been playing as much poker. Today on Bodog was ridiculous with all my quality hands running into sets, flushes etc. Hopefully this whole thing will clear up lately. I need to have patience and play through it.

It is real sad seeing that bb/100 way under 3 though.

Thanks for reading the rant, any feedback on advice to not go tilty and play my way through this would be appreciated.

bryant9967
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
You know whatís happening because you've said so yourself, and you know exactly not to let it tilt you.

Also you can take help of Poker calculators like Poker Pro 2006 Iíve been using for the last few days. Play the game based on decisions on each hand, and congratulate yourself for every decision that you made that was correct. It gave good results. Keep doing that until it swings ack in your favor and the decision brings the right outcome too.

peyton999
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I advice you should take help of Poker calculators like Poker Pro 2006...It gave good results. Keep doing that until it swings back in your favor.