PDA

View Full Version : Making reads on opponents

cayden9598
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I know this is key for all levels and forms of poker but its just kind of hard to develop reads in sngs and mtts online with multiple games going on at the same time and such, I was just wondering for some tips and categories to label people and what each category means as far as what someone is likely and not likely to do. Any help would be appreciated.

bryant9967
01-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I basically try to categorize them first, these are mostly self explanatory like "calling station," but other ones I kind of made up, like "abc tag" is someone who is some thong like 19/14 in short handed and cbets almost every time heads up but shuts down if they have nothing then I try to pick up on tendencies and make a note on them, such as betting patterns with certain hands or boards (like how they play a draw vs. a set if there's a difference), how loose they call, etc. If you wanna track and analyze your opponents, define their game style, monitors their betting patterns then try using online calculator from Poker Pro labs. May be you can get some help.