PDA

View Full Version : Best Tip!!

pj20
12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I've been playing poker for a bit now and aside from remembering all the hands and basic rules of play and so on. I would say the best thing you can do is get as much playing experience as possible. PLay with different people more often to experience different strategies.

I've been playing online a lot at Party Poker (http://www.partypoker.com/index.htm?wm=2640884) . It's good cause there's always lots and lots of people to play with. Plus they give away lots of cash and have many tournaments.

Just wondering if you enjoy playing online compared to in person?

card4
12-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Experience is the best teacher but if you don't come into a game without at least some basic knowledge of how to play, then the cost of learning is going to be pretty expensive.

I recommend studying the game either through books, computer simulation software, or watching other good players play. Once you start getting a grasp of the game, then you can start playing for real money and try applying all of your new found knowledge. There is a big difference from reading about a certain play in a book and actually executing it at the right time.

Playing hands over and over is a sure fire way to improve but you don't have to lose your shirt right off the bat while you are still learning if you take the time to study a little while before putting real money on the table.

kansaspoker
12-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I think the best tip would be to not and try and sneak a referral code into your post and let the siteowners profit from their hard work.

peyton999
06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
I think experience is the best teacher but if you don't come into a game without at least some basic knowledge of how to play the game.