PDA

View Full Version : Poker Share Issue

tiptheboss
11-03-2005, 10:07 PM
I would like to hear everyone's view of this UB and Poker share debacle. Were any of you playing this site and if so, how mad are you?

Online poker industry is about to go through an overhaul.

Rich

egthareal
11-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Whats going on between the two ? Elaborate pls.

--EG

tiptheboss
11-05-2005, 03:19 AM
It turns out that UB wasn't so happy when people jumped ship to Poker SHare to start receiving rakeback. People thought they were a skin of UltimateBet, when in fact UB and Pokershare were just competitors on the same network.

Anyway, Poker Share was told to disable all USA accounts as of NOV 1. They did. People are in an uproar at the moment. They are sending out all the money, but it still doesn't look good for ultimate bet.

It's just a matter of time until they get bought out and end their management misery. It's too bad that they have the best software on the market.

egthareal
11-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Very interesting - first I've heard of this nonsense. I for one would definately not stand for that!

--EG

expertofpoke
11-10-2005, 02:16 PM
online poker is good business

card4
11-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I used to play at UB all the time and still think there software is one of the best. Lately though I dont get to play as much as I like so I traded the good software of UB in for other sites with lots more fish. (I'm in this for the money after all :) )

This is the first I've heard about this. I know I for one would be made if I place that I played on regularly suddenly closed my account, even if I did get me money back. Last I heard UB hadn't announced an official rake back policy yet.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this. I think UB is big enough and popular enough that it will def survive but poker share probably will not.

Interestingly enough, I know that the poker magazine Bluff had sponsored some tournaments on poker share so I wonder how much they are tied in with the site. I mention this because there have been a lot of people who speculated that Bluff magazine was not really on the up and up itself. I read one issue and thought it was ok but not worth the price compared to other poker mags.

Anyhow, keep me updated if anything new breaks on this.

tiptheboss
11-13-2005, 03:57 AM
I just heard recently that they are dropping European players as well. I doubt they exist pretty soon.

rollindice99
11-24-2005, 02:51 AM
Has anything like this ever happened before?

peyton999
06-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I too think it's just a matter of time until they get bought out and end their management misery. It's too bad that they have the best software on the market.