PDA

View Full Version : Cool Ultimate Team Hold'em Format

jay tigner
10-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello, I live in Ohio. The last few months I have developed a new format which lets you play on a 3 man texas hold'em team. It works like this. You sign up as a three man team an A player, B player, and C player. One not better than the other. If you have 30 teams. There would be 3 tables in each letter category. A's playing the A's for example. When ready players go to the letter they are assigned to draw for seats. There would be 3 tables in the A section players would then seat and play a single table tournament. How they finish at their table earns you points. 100 for firts down to 0 points for 10th. After all the tables are complete you add all three players scores gives you a team score. Top ten teams advance to final round. Final round has one table for each letter group. Draw again play single table tournament like in first round. Add alll three players score plus first round score gives you team score. Pay top 5 teams. Ties are broken down with an "overtime" system. I think it would be really cool to see the top pro's team up such as Full Tilt Poker play against the "Crew". What do you think?

tiptheboss
10-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you think you can get enough people to join a league like this. It is definitely a team effort type of enviroment. Poker is usually a 1 man game unless you are colluding with others. :) I would say it can be a fun event for sure.

card4
10-27-2005, 03:17 AM
It does sound too much like colluding to me. If you were playing at the same people with other people on your "team", you are going to play differently.

To make it fair, players would have to be seperate and then the whole team idea just doesn't sound to appealing. I'm sure there is a way to do this where it would be good but there just don't seem to be enough "crews" among the top pros. Everyone does seem to just be in it for themselves.