PDA

View Full Version : The Only Hold 'Em DVD I've Enjoyed

PokerMeister
10-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I've seen a few, wasted money on most of them, but I finally found that actually helped me become a better player:
Ultimate Poker w/ Vince Van Patten (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00075K85K/104-1324306-0541516?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance)

Anyone else hear about this one before? We actually distribute it through UMVD, my company, so that's how I got ahold of a copy. Amazon was the only place online that I could find info on it, too. However, it is by far the best DVD set dedicated to Hold 'Em that I've seen, and the amount of info on the psychology of betting sets it apart. This seriously shed some light on it for me...

Some of the tips are supposedly pro tips, but I'm relatively new to the game and I was able to pull a lot from it.

card4
10-15-2005, 01:25 AM
I haven't seen this but I am interested in checking out anything that is good.

So far, I've found all the poker dvds to be ok for beginners with a lot more flash than useful information. In all the cases I've seen, you're better off spending the money on a good poker book rather than a dvd. I know, some people hate to read, but if you are serious about improving your poker game, studying some good books is a really cheap way to get knowledge fast.