PDA

View Full Version : Play Bad Hands

tiptheboss
09-15-2005, 03:24 AM
It seems of late that when I play hands such as :qs: :3d: I win. When I play hands like :kd: :qd: I lose. This in online play at limit tables. People love to chase, but i just can't catch a break.... Anyone else seeing this type of action?

card4
09-19-2005, 03:29 AM
At lower limits people are going to chase so if you are at a table where 5 or 6 people see every flop and a lot of them stay on until the end then you should expect a ton of bad beats. You should also expect to win some big pots when your hands hold up.

Ultimately you want to win the most money possible but I think its also important to constantly make the right decisions as well and Q3 is clearly a trash hand that should be mucked where as KQs is playable in most spots.

HunkyDory
09-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm about to think that it happens because you're sure about KQ hand, but you're much more attentive with Q3.For example, when I catch Q3 I'm ready to fold it. I play Q3-like hands in late position only.
Oh, wait, maybe it's all about the position? I think we should consider it when comparing Q3 and KK?

egthareal
09-26-2005, 07:01 AM
My friend who is incoincidently a dealer at a local card room here is writing a book "Play Bad Win Big". What started as a joke he can truely attest to people who play crap but win absolutely ridiculous amounts of money.

One situation I always like to play crap cards is when the pots raised three times or capped. Because, you know the other people have great hands. But, what happens when the flop comes 3d , 3c, 4h and I make my boat. I mean theres always a good chance this doesn't happen but, holy crap do you have a surpise attack. Plus its really easy to tell if you need to throw your hand away.

Thats just my theory.

--EG

tiptheboss
09-27-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm telling you, it's all about bad hands. Someone should write their phd about it.