PDA

View Full Version : What online poker should you play?

expertofpoke
09-11-2005, 04:51 AM
What online poker should you play? I want to know some quite good pokers, but few people know. I hope the network speed are good and stable in them.

card4
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Are you asking which form of poker you should play online?
(i.e. Stud, Holdem, Omaha, etc.)

Or are you asking which online poker room or site is best to play on?
(i.e. Ultimate Bet, Party Poker, Paradise, etc.)

If you are asking about which form of poker to play then the biggest factor in that would be which game you enjoy playing most and are most skilled at.
Holdem is the most popular and there for it is easy to find several good tables at most sites for holdem. With some of the other games you may have to wait a while for tables to fill up.

In reguards to selecting a poker room, some of the things you should look for is how long the site has been running, what their deposit/withdrawl options are if you are playing real money, the site traffic, and what types of bonuses they offer. Some places give great sign up bonuses to entice you to sign up with them but some times the bonuses are very difficult to clear. Other places have smaller bonuses that are some times easier to clear and other sites have loyalty bonuses that reward you for comming back to play at a site month after month.

Most of all you should feel comfortable with the site. Personally I can adjust to cheesy graphics if the rest of the site is good but for other players the look of the site is very important.

The best advice I can give is to check through the reviews here are tips4poker. They have run down all of the biggest sites and have sign up bonus codes as well. Once you try all of these (even if you just play for free) you will have a good idea of what you like and don't like and what you want in an online poker room. From their you can experiment with some of the lesser known sites. A word of caution though, be wary about depositing a lot into new sites or relatively unknown sites. There have been cases of sites closing and taking all the funds in a player's account with them. That isn't the case for the big sites who realize you make a lot more in the long run by being legit but there are still some occasional fly by night sites out there so be carefull.

I hope this helps.