PDA

View Full Version : Base Dealing

1994OASIS2005
08-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Can anybody on here base deal really well. I've gotten started, but i need some pointers on how to improve, or does anyone have a link to a site that could tell me

thanks

1994oasis2005 :ah: :ad:

card4
08-13-2005, 03:32 AM
I myself have never tried to learn any methods like base dealing. I guess if you just wanted to show off to friends it isn't a bad thing but for most people I think they just do it to be dishonest and cheating isn't a good thing.

Below is an article from 21ace. It doesn't tell you specifically step by step how do base deal but it is an interesting article on the topic.

>>

Many cheats are able to deal from the bottom of the deck. This is discussed in the movie Rounders by Edward Norton's character. In fact he gets caught at one point in the movie when they are playing with off duty policemen. One of the players notices that there is something funny about Edward Norton's character. Finally, he catches him with a "hanger" and they proceed to beat him up.

It is important for honest players to be on guard and aware of the different techniques that cheaters can use. I learned the basics of bottom dealing so that it will be easier for me to notice if someone attempts it. There are several things signs that point to bottom dealing as follows:
1. The dealer's grip. If the dealer is using a "mechanic's grip" where the cards are concealed then it could mean trouble.
2. The sound of the cards. Cards coming off the bottom of the deck make a different sound than those coming off the top. If you try it at home you should be able to hear the difference.
3. The hanger. Sometimes when the bottom card comes out too strongly the card second from the bottom comes out partly as well and is left sticking out.