PDA

View Full Version : How do you view a successful session?

card4
08-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Similar questions to this have been raised before but I wanted to address this issue from a little different angle. I know we have lot of different playing styles on this forum so I just wanted to see some of the different reactions to this question.

For you, the most enjoyable poker session is one where...

a) I am playing agressive and dominating the table with my raises. I want the table to be afraid to play me.

b) I am playing technically correct poker. As long as I am making the right plays, it doesn't matter how I'm doing in this one session.

c) I am chatting with the other players at the table. It is no fun is everyone takes the game too seriously and doesn't talk to each other.

d) I am winning the most money even if I've been playing poorly and getting lucky.

Lancer
08-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Certainly A. But I'll never turn away D either. ;)

Earthslash
08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Usually B for me. If I'm getting the money in with the best hand every time and getting bad beated, what else can you do? It happens quite often for me, but at the end of the day I'm still pleased with the way I played.

FrankBoard
08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
awesome topic...

im on the B & D side...

when i'm outdrawn with the best hand, i dont mind, i made the right decision as said earlier...

but i also dont like losing (money or hands) so overall i wanna make the most money regardless...

for me, its all about the money.

although i will also say, having nice folks at the table is great...
that's when i dont mind losing money....
coz the entertainment was bomb...

infantrydad@hotmail.com
08-27-2005, 01:10 AM
D im not in this to prove i can play properly i have bills to pay

zerOT
08-31-2005, 04:19 AM
A, C, and D... B? Pfft... I get pissed when I lose after making the right play, just because I don't curse the opposing bad beater in the little virtual text box doesn't mean I'm not calling him a moron here in my home.

I have really been striving to work on A and C. If played correctly it just seems to be the most powerful type of play. I love controlling the table. In a tiny cash game I can nearly almost assume this position. Tournament-wise I seem to always be the timid all-in short stack guy though. Don't ask, I guess I'm not quite aggressive enough to keep up with the blinds.

Earthslash
08-31-2005, 05:39 AM
Well theoretically if your always putting in your money when your the underdog all the time, then you won't do well in the long term. Unfortunately most people don't have the resources to be able to survive until the "long term" kicks in, and short term luck ends up being the primary factor in the present moment (thus some people can play horrible and still win)

'D' never happens for me. Usually its because I'm in with the dominating hand (whether it be tournament, sit-n-go, etc), but when I'm dominated I very rarely get any suckouts. It really sucks being unlucky, but theres really not a lot you can do.

dazer
04-12-2006, 11:09 AM
B - as long as i'm making the right plays over the long haul i'm making a good profit with more good sessions than bad