PDA

View Full Version : Lets start a league.......

adampad
07-31-2005, 08:06 PM
I'd love to be in a poker league. Something set up like the Poker superstars thing. You get so many points for finishing 1st, 2nd, and so on. We could do one small $5 tourny every week and have a monthly/bi-monthly champ. Have everyone pay $5-10 for league fees and award the prize to the champ. What do you guys think. I am just thinking off the top of my head.

tiptheboss
07-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Adam,

From working on this freeroll setup, I've been thinking very hard on how we could have a league for tips4poker. We need a certain number of people commited to the league before setting one up. This way the Poker Room will allow us to setup the weekly and monthly tournaments without much hassle. Check your PM.

Rich

Lancer
07-31-2005, 09:21 PM
This sounds interesting. It would depend on the schedule and, to a lesser extent, the fee amount, but it sounds fun. :)

card4
09-04-2005, 02:17 AM
I don't know how I missed reading this post earlier but I really like this idea. I really enjoy getting to play against other t4p members. I'd be willing to play weekly tournaments just for the sake of bragging rights with no money involved at all. I also wouldn't mind putting up some small league fees of buyins to help get this idea off the ground.

luvinit
09-17-2005, 08:00 AM
new here but Im also interested , which site would it be??

Earthslash
09-17-2005, 12:11 PM
If something like this could be done, that would be awesome. Of course there is a lot to figure out, the formats and schedules the two big things. I just realized this topic is a month and a half old, but the idea is great. I'd be down for a tips4poker, poker league.

tiptheboss
09-17-2005, 03:33 PM
We are about to partner up with a poker room that will allow us easy access to creating tournaments and SNG's. We will need full participation if we are going to create a league. We'll need to work out the logistics as well. Let's shoot for an 8 week league with a particular buyin. We will have weelly winners as well as a bonus prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Let's hear your thoughts.

Rich

card4
09-19-2005, 03:05 AM
What kind of buyin are you thinking and would it be a situation where you paid the buyin to enter each match or something like a big league fee that automatically covered all of your buyins for the tournaments.

I'd certainly be interested but a big key is selecting a time when most members could participate and deciding if it should be at a set time and day every week or switch it around.

thecaptainjs
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
well, i might be interested but it depends on what poker room you plan to use, etc.

card4
10-23-2005, 04:31 AM
This thread kind of died which is a shame. I know we have more members than this. If you are still an active participant on the board, please post your thoughts about creating such a league. If we get enough people involved, we can have a really good thing now. Some of the smaller poker rooms are now catering to poker forums and offering added money to prize pools if enough people play each tournament. That means more money for all of us and the chance to have fun playing poker against fellow forum members.

OhMbOy
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I would be interested in playing. Keep me posted!

tiptheboss
10-24-2005, 01:19 AM
We are still waiting to hear from a particular poker room that we are partnering up with. I'll hopefully have some more information soon.