PDA

View Full Version : Weekends are the time to make $$$$

adampad
06-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I have noticed I usually win more often on weekends. I think the weekends bring out the inexperienced players and make things easier for us that play a lot. Has anyone else noticed this?

zerOT
06-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Or maybe the weekend is the time to bust out the liquor... at least around here it is :)

Lancer
06-26-2005, 04:30 AM
As an inexperienced player, I'd have to say that's true. I lose lots of money on the weekends. :(

In truth, there's a lot more skilled players playing on the weekends as well. Just more people altogether.

card4
06-26-2005, 05:04 AM
I think it is just a matter of more people overall playing. Most online poker players aren't professionals and have a regular job that keeps them busy on the weekdays. The weekends are the time when people can really get in a lot of hands. Also, since more tables are filled, you can select from several different ones if there are a few tough players at one table or several inexperienced players at another. At some sites on the weekdays, its usually a lot of the same crowd so you don't have as much freedom in terms of game selection.

I suspect at times some bad play is due to people drinking on their day off. I say go for it. I certainly take more bad beats on Friday and Saturday nights but when I can play these times tend to be profitable.

tiptheboss
06-26-2005, 10:43 PM
It also depends on the site you play. If you play Party you are always going to find a lot of tables on both weekday's and weekend's versus's rooms like Full Tilt and Pacific Poker. I wish it was consistient on where I win, but I tend to find myself playing all hours of the week with the same results.

card4
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
No matter where or when you play, the important thing is to recognize the type of players at your table and try to determine whether or not this is a profitable situation. If you have a lot of loose players and you tend to play tight, this is probably a good table. Just keep in mind that if three or five players are going all the way to the river each time with less than top pair, you have potential to get your big hands cracked. This is where you want to value bet when you have a hand and not bluff when you have AK but miss the flop.

On the other hand, if you are at a very tight, passive table, you can play more hands. Still be selective and take position into account but if you are on the button with medium suited connectors or Axs, you should at least consider taking a flop if you can get in cheap.

Not matter what the overall makeup of the table is, I think the two most important player types to be aware of are maniacs which can cause some major swings to your stack and very tough players. A maniac sucking out a two outer on the river can easily put you on tilt but players can also be thrown off their game when a really good player out plays them, either by slowplaying a big hand or making a well timed bluff. Ego is a big for some players and even though it is online, they cant stand to let someone get one over on them so they will usually try to go heads up with the tough player again to even the score. Good players recognize this and will wait for a good hand and take the money again and again.

With so many players comming and going online (even more so on the weekends), be sure that you keep updating your profile of the table. Just because the players were playing tight weak when you first sat down, doesn't mean they will be playing the same way thirty minutes later so you need to pay attention to what is going on and constantly tweek your strategy in order to make the most money from each table.

SimpleJohn
07-07-2005, 09:47 AM
According to statistics, when there are more players,
the chances are getting smaller, for both ways.
But when more poker (http://www.pacificpoker-online.com) players on the weekend are inexperienced,
it makes the winners share smaller and raises its quality...

adampad
07-07-2005, 06:55 PM
SimpleJohn, that is interesting. Where did you get that info?

SimpleJohn
07-11-2005, 08:11 AM
And I'll tell you no lies...

peyton999
06-20-2007, 05:48 AM
I think Most online poker players aren't professionals and have a regular job that keeps them busy on the weekdays...I am too an inexperienced player, I'd have to say that's true. I lose lots of money on the weekends.