PDA

View Full Version : If only this would happen every hand...

card4
06-19-2005, 04:02 AM
How great is it two have other players reraise each other while you are sitting on the nuts? After a little over an hour of nothing to play I checked my stats and saw that I had only seen 2 flops at this particular table. It was an insane run of bad cards with the occasionally decent hand like a pair of 10s but always out of position and facing a raise or two. I decided to finally give it up when the big blind comes my way next time. Otherwise, I'd probably find myself wanting to play trash hands or calling those raises and reraises with hands like QJ and K10 out of position. Finally I look down at AA in middle position. What a welcome site. I considered slow playing them but decided not to get cute and raised two early limpers. The button and big blind called as well for a total of five people seeing the flop. In the back of my mind I hate getting this many callers with AA because I always fear one of them will hit a freak two pair or something. Flop comes A 9 A rainbow. So much for having to worry about getting out drawn. It was checked to me and despite having quads I bet. I figured my opponents might think I would slow play if I had AK, AQ so by betting they might figure I don't have an ace after all. Everyone calls and the turn brings a Q. I bet out again, get one caller, and then a raising war breaks out between two of my opponents. I was happy to call all four bets knowing they were both drawing dead. The river was a 2 and again they both raised and reraised until we all had four bets each in the pot. On the end, one guy turned over 99 and the other guy KQ. I can understand the guy with 99 betting as he did but the guy holding KQ just baffles me. Aces and Queens with a King kicker is a strong hand but there were a lot of possible hands that could beat it, especially given the strong betting and the fact that he was up against two opponents, one of whom raised preflop. I still ended up leaving when it was my turn to post the blinds and that pot made up for all the money I had paid in blinds over the last hour and then some. It just goes to show you, its not about winning a lot of pots, its about winning the big ones.

Lancer
06-19-2005, 05:50 AM
If only. Drool.... :D

Where were you playing at?

tiptheboss
06-21-2005, 03:10 AM
These are the type of hands you go to sleep after. This is also an awesome make up hand if you were down for the day.

peyton999
06-20-2007, 04:52 AM
I too wanna ask you that where were you playing at?