PDA

View Full Version : Remarkable rolls at NL cash games.

adampad
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
The other day I was at a .05/.10 NL table where you can only buy in with $10. One guy at the table was up to $210 or so! I thought that was amazing. He said he had been at the table around 8 hours.

Another quite large stack I seen was at a Noble micro NL game of .02/.04. The max buy in was $4. Someone was up to around $80, but he started losing it all before long.

Whats some big rolls you've seen?

Lancer
06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Was at a .05/.10 table at Bodog. The max buyin is $10. The big stack at the table had $27. A hand was dealt with 4 spades at the river. One guy goes all in, then another, then another, then another. Finally the chip leader reraises all $27 in. Everyone calls. There were 5 flushes at the table, but the guy with $27 had the straight flush and ended up with $68. LOL! I have no idea if he held onto it for long because after that chaos it was only me and him left and I had no desire to go head to head with a guy with 10x my chip stack. ;)

card4
06-07-2005, 01:04 AM
When I was playing a lot of PL and NL O8B at the micro limits, there were a couple of players who it seemed like were always there and I'd see them with 20 times the buy in from time to time.

I don't play much PL or NL unless its for really low stakes so I'm sure other people who play those games more often have witnessed even bigger win streaks. The most recent roll that I've seen was at a $1/$2 limit game where a guy bought in for $25 and was up around $150 at one point in less than a hour. He was playing every hand and getting ridiculously lucky hitting backdoor flushes, two pair on the river, etc. Finally his luck wore out but I think he still ended up leaving with a little over $60 which was more than double his buy in. Definitely dissapointing considering how much he had but being able to post any sized win when playing horrible is good I guess.

You can certainly make some money quick playing NL. The reverse is true as well though as for every big winner, there are a lot more people sitting down and just blowing through their buyin (some times more than once).

A $200 profit at a .05/.10 NL table is impressive even playing 8 hours. If I could routinely do that every day I'd definitely quit my day job.