PDA

View Full Version : I finally made it to a final table!!

adampad
06-06-2005, 03:31 AM
I was playing a $15 MTT at Bodog that included 271 people. I played tight and was making big chunks of chips at a time when I caught. I was lucky enough to not catch any bad beats too. I was near the chip lead for most of the tourny and then it started getting tough as the blinds kept rising and my cards weren't coming any longer. I was about average stacked when I got to the money (27 places paid). Then I loosened up and started loosing. I had to tighten up again and played a :4s: :7h: in the small just because quite a few people limped in. The flop came :7d: : :qh: :qc:. I checked while one person bet the min. I called him down and beat his :ad: :kd:. It gave me enough chips to stay around . I was starting to focus on 18th because of another jump in the pay schedule and people keeping getting knocked out. I found myself at the final table and mangaged to scave off defeat until half the table was gone. I made a play to steal blinds and got called by pocket 8s. I made $300 for 5th! Its a great feeling making it so far into one of these things. Someday I'll win one........

tiptheboss
06-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Adam,

Nice work man. Sometimes you can get to the final table just by not playing to many hands. Of course, winning a MTT requires playing and winning big hands. $300 for 5th is nice. Well done.

Rich

zerOT
06-06-2005, 04:17 AM
Very nice adam.

I've never done well in the Bodog MTT's so I just stopped trying and stuck to the cash games. They have to be one of (if not the) softest micro NL game hosts on the net...

Yet I'm still not winning lol. I blame it on trying to teach myself some PL Omaha lost a good $150 on there. :\

egthareal
06-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Holy crap adampad made the final table.. The world is coming to an end!

J/K - Great job buddy. Told you that Bodog is weaksause competition.

--EG

Lancer
06-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Congratulations! :)

peyton999
06-20-2007, 04:53 AM
Very nice.....Congratulations!