PDA

View Full Version : Software used for HOME GAMES?

FrankBoard
06-03-2005, 06:19 PM
What softwares are you guys using for your personal home games/tourney?

I dont have any yet, but am thinking of starting to keep track of stats and info regarding our players...

also want a clock to keep me from remembering to check every 10 mins...LOL

any help appreciated,
f

tiptheboss
06-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Tournament Director is the one I see when going to home tournaments. I believe it is free as well. You can donate money if you want. I'm not sure if you can keep stats. Here is the link.

http://thetournamentdirector.net/

Rich

card4
06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
I've heard of players using an egg timer because they like the constant ticking to build tension. I'm sure other players would get annoyed with something like that and end up tossing it across the room. Most cell phones have a stopwatch function with alarm so that would be another alternative too.

As far as stats go, poker office and just plain old excel are the software programs that I've heard used. I think it would be great to have a steady home game that kept track of things like this but I haven't been able to find one in my area. I've heard of some really elaborate home game tournaments that log stats all year and then have a big party for the winners at the end or they will put aside a certain $ amount each time they meet and use that as a prize pool for the players who win the most tournaments.

FrankBoard
06-06-2005, 06:37 PM
yea card,

that's my intention...

is to develop a solid league...

w/ a final "invitational" tourny for the big dough...

tenthreeoff
08-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Have you seen the All-In poker clock software, its real nice to use and the
screen designer is fantastic, there is a full description of it at
www.pokerstudent.co.uk (http://www.pokerstudent.co.uk) , there is a free trial version and you can even earn
money if you purchase the software by selling it again by giving someone a copy
of your trial version. the best i've seen.