PDA

View Full Version : How many SNG's have you ever won consecutively?

adampad
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I remember winning 4 straight $5 sng's at Bodog before. The reason I bring it up is because if you are talented and lucky enough to win 5 in a row at Noble you can win $15,000!!!

tiptheboss
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Adam,

I've placed in 4 SNG's in a row. Can you explain the $15,000 at Noble? Sounds like a decent return to me.

Rich
http://www.tips4poker.com

adampad
06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Go to noble poker (http://banner.noblepoker.com/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?id=N&member=pmpdc&profile=platinum) for details.

First three Maui Jackpot Winners

Noble Poker congratulates the first three players to win part of our Maui Jackpot. These three players came very close to winning the $15,000 Jackpot Prize. Noble Poker awarded them $200 for finishing in 1st or 2nd place in five consecutive Maui Jackpot Sit 'N' go tournaments.

ShriekingMonkey came in 2nd place in five consecutive Maui tournaments on May 27 and May 28, 2005.

Hozz came in 2nd place in four Maui tournaments on May 24 and May 25, 2005, and finished in first place on May 24, 2005.

IGotRivereredfinished in 1st place in Maui tournaments on May 23 and May 24, 2005, and in 2nd place in Maui tournaments on May 23 and May 24, 2005.
Maui - Jackpot Sit 'n' Go – Terms and Conditions

Noble Poker will pay a $15,000 Jackpot Prize to the winner of five consecutive $5+$0.50 “Maui – Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go” tournaments. Noble Poker will also award a $200 prize to a player who finished in either 1st or 2nd place in five consecutive – Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go” tournaments. These prizes will be awarded according to the following terms and conditions:

1. Players who have won five consecutive 10-player “Maui – Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go” tournaments with a buy-in of $5+$0.50 will write to the Noble Poker support team at support@noblepoker.com for verification, providing details and dates of the tournaments.

2. Players who came in second or first place in five consecutive 10-player “Maui – Jackpot Sit ‘N’ Go" tournaments with a buy-in of $5+$0.50 will write to the Noble Poker support team at support@noblepoker.com for verification, providing details and dates of the tournaments.

3. The jackpot prizes are awarded for a player's winning five consecutive "Maui – Jackpot Sit 'N' Go" tournaments, even if the tournaments were not all played on the same date, and even if the player played in other ring games or tournaments beteen them. The five consecutive "Maui – Jackpot Sit 'N' Go" tournaments must be played within a 30-day period.

4. The Jackpot prize will be paid only after the consecutive winning games have been checked for any signs of collusive play.

5. Five Consecutive Sit ‘N’ Go tournaments with the same 10 players will not be eligible for this promotion.

6. Players from the same IP address, or from the same household, are not eligible to enter the same Sit ‘N’ Go tournament for purposes of this promotion.

7. A player found trying to enter with more than one account into a Sit ‘N’ Go tournament will not be eligible for this promotion.

8. The use of offensive language at the Sit ‘N’ Go tournament will disqualify a player from winning a Jackpot prize.

9. Any player found colluding during the course of a Sit ‘N’ Go tournament in order to win the Jackpot prize will be disqualified and his account will be frozen.

10. Any player found to be “soft playing” in order to allow another player to win during the course of a Sit ‘N’ Go tournament will have his account frozen.

11. Any withdrawals made on any winnings of the Jackpot prize are subject to Noble Poker's standard withdrawal procedure and collusion check.

12. All decisions made by the Noble Poker management are final.

13. Noble Poker has the right to stop this promotion, or change its conditions at any time.

card4
06-05-2005, 02:20 AM
I never really got into playing SNGs. I tried for a while back but found I was playing to finish in the money instead of going for wins which is where the money is at. I doubt if I've won more than two in a row though I probably have some pretty long streaks of consecutive 2nd and 3rd place finishes.

This promotion is a good idea by noble. Its the first real competition to party poker's step tournaments. It definitely sounds like it would be worth investing $30 or so to try and win $15,000.

When I first heard about it, I thought, I'm sure some unethical people are going to find a way to exploit this. I know nobel and other poker sites take steps to avoid this but it still seems like a group of a few dozen people could pull this off.

On the flip side, I could also see a legit player comming under strutiny since the term "soft playing" that nobel uses is fairly loose. If you bluff raise with another player all in would that be looked upon as cheating? Or if you folded a top pair hand to a big raise?

With that said, I truly believe that overall nobel will handle things fairly. A tiny part of me turns conspiracy theorist when it comes to large sums of money ($15,000 would certainly be the single biggest poker pay day ever for me) even though I don't feel online poker is rigged or anything. I can easily see a talented sng player making good money off of the $200 offered for finishing first or second. I haven't seen anyone win the $15,000 though yet. I guess some one has to win it, might as well be one of the tips4poker members.

Best of luck to everyone playing in these sngs.

card4
07-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Noble Poker has some how managed to take their generous offer for winning multiple sngs and raise the prize in a big way. Now, if you win 7 $10 sng in a row they are offering a cool million bucks!

Win 6 in a row and get 75K, win 5 get 25K. Plus thats not all, you can also win $300 just for finishing first or second in 5 consecutive tournaments. This is certainly doable and the fee of $10+$1 per tournament is very reasonable. They used to have a similar offer for the $5.50 sng. The best I did was winning four in a row and then I bombed out in 8th place in my last one. I was in the small blind and four players had I already limped in. I was holding KK and was extemely confident no one had AA or even a really good ace. I figured if I just raised to four or five times the big blind then someone may call and draw out on me. Knowing that I would have a hard time getting away from this hand later I decided to push all in right then and there. I get called by A9 offsuit (ugh). Lucky for me an ace never showed on the board. Unfortunately, a 9 did appear on the flop and another on the river sent me packing. I was a little upset until I realized winning 4 out of 5 was a very profitable in and of itself without any additional bonus. Plus, I know I got my fair share of luck to win some key hands in those tournaments. In one, I was really short stacked against three other stacks who were about even and had way more chips than me. I was forced all in and managed to win them all. Then, with at least a little cushion, I sat out the next hand where two stacks went heads up all in. At that point I was feeling lucky just to have sneaked in to the money with such a bad chip position. From then on, I just caught a lot of good hands (nothing great, but always just enough to beat whatever someone else had and win the pot).

The noble poker promo starts August 1st so you have two weeks to get your sng tournament game up to par and take your shot a a million bucks. Check out noble's home page for more details. If you haven't signed up with NP yet, do it. They just recently updated their software for a little nicer interface. Its not my favorite place to play but competition isn't as tough as some other sites and the first deposit match is ridiculously huge compare to everyone else. I wish I had waited a little longer for the bigger bonus but oh well. I believe tips4poker still has the bonus codes for this site so check them out.

adampad
07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
I logged in yesterday to Noble and found out that someone has won the $15,000. I tried it out for a while but found myself going back to Bodog since they basically pay you to play at their SnG's. The thing that bothered me most about Noble's SnG's was the 6 minute timer for blinds. I had a few games where my first blind was $40. Their blinds go 5/10, 10/20, 20/40. If you can double up early your good to go. I love the timer late in the game when there are few players.

infantrydad@hotmail.com
08-03-2005, 04:27 AM
Curious about what you said about bodog basically paying you to play their sng? Could you elaborate that for mei havent tried them out as of yet but am looking into it. Thanks

adampad
08-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Bodog gives you a 20% bonus when you deposit or reload. To clear the bonus you have to clear 6 Bodog points per dollar.

"Ring Games:
You will accumulate Bodog Poker Points by playing in ring games when you have contributed to a pot that is raked. Points are awarded based on the following table:
Rake Points
$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10
Currently point accumulation occurs every five minutes based on all hands played within that time period.

Tournaments:
You will accumulate Bodog Poker Points for every $1.00 in fees paid for tournaments you enter. 6 Points are awarded for every $1.00 in fees paid so you will get 30 Bodog Poker Points for entering a tournament with an entry of $50+$5 (buy in + fee). "

So say if you enter a $10 + 1 SNG you actually clear $2 in bonus money!! As long as your working off a deposit bonus your getting paid to play.

infantrydad@hotmail.com
08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
ahhh Thanks

FergyFan315
08-03-2005, 09:28 PM
2 in a row, 1 a 27 man another a 45 man