Today Pockets havent been that nice to me today

Won with
6's k's

Lost with
10's, J's, J's, Q's

Pocket jacks = Not a good hand

card4
05-30-2005, 03:47 AM
I hate JJ as much as some players hate AQ. I almost always raise with this hand preflop just hoping to pick up the blinds if I'm the first one in. If I'm in late position and several people are already in, I usually just limp trying to hit a set and planning to fold if any overcards fall on the flop. I will also occasionally fold JJ preflop when facing a raise from a tight player. I play pretty wimpy when it comes to pocket jacks but until I can get better playing the post flop, I've found this conservative strategy to be more profitable for me.

adampad
05-30-2005, 04:16 AM
I have lost 3 of the last 4 times I've had AA. First time I only managed to pick up the blinds. Second I raised on the button to have two people call. One with KK and the other with Q9 off. Of course the Q9 off catches trip Qs on the flop and makes a boat on the turn. The last time I had someone all in with KK, only to watch 4 spades come down and him take it with a flush. Very very frustrating.

But I did crack AA with AQ today. Made a straight.

Lancer
06-01-2005, 06:06 PM
It's definitely a love-hate relationship when it comes to pairs!

Tens have been good to me lately--I doubled up twice in a tourney with them last night.

Jacks have also come around. I'm still leery with them though. I ended up folding a pair to a big raise from my pre-flop caller when an Ace flopped. The guy ended up showing pocket 8s! Doh! I would have won if I'd had the courage to stick with them.

Queens are probably still my favorite, but I was run off the table at Bodog last night when I reraised against AJ and saw the dreaded Ace on the flop. :\