PDA

View Full Version : Poker

jaynjen1
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
I Hate When You Are Playing Texas Holdem And You Have The Best Hand And You Keep Betting And Another Person Re-raises You And Then You Don't Have The Guts To Call So You End Up Folding And Then The Other Person Has His Nerve To Show You He Bluffed!so That Pisses You Off Because You Had Something Well I Guess That's Poker
________
vapor genie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

MustangKid
04-16-2005, 01:05 AM
If you have the "Best Hand", then why fold? Learn to be agressive as well. I play $1/$2 and $3/$6. Its basically a pre-flop/flop game. Who cares what the turn and river is (i like to play short handed). I like to be that guy in the driver seat. Ill throw out bets all day to guys i know will start to doubt their hand and fold when i know they have me beat. Even if they call, come back strong after the turn. People can sense weak bets.

card4
04-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I think he meant having a strong hand and not having the absolute best hand, what most people refer to as the nuts. Obviously, if you have an unbeatable hand you don't care how much some one is reraising you.

People are always going to try to bluff you off your hand online. People raise with hands they would never consider raising with in a real life game because you dont have to worry about your bad poker face giving away your hand. There is other reasons of course, such as the ease of clicking raise instead of fold. Its harded to get a read on players online some time because players dont often stay at the same table very long.

If you feel you have the best hand, then bet it. If some one is raising you out of every pot, you have to take a stand at some point and call them down, even with something as weak as a medium pair.

Dont get discouraged by folding winners. Its not something you want to do any more than you have to, but its a sign of a good player making a tough lay down. I've folded KK on the flop before when the flop came with an ace and there were six players in the hand. Against one or two, I may have bet or just called down but when you get that many people, you know at least one of them has an ace. Its tough to know someone playing junk like A6 off suit cracked your pocket kings but losing the minimum in situations like that really adds to your overall winnings at the end of the night.

steve_rowePA
04-20-2005, 03:23 AM
if u have nuts on the bord then heck u dont need njuts to call :) (good pun steve) but ya to play poker u rilly need to have "guts" or youll get blufed so manny times

ReaperX
04-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Its moving more and more towards that allin crap these days in tourneys. its like the damn lotto. but sometimes... Sometimes... You will flop those pocket :as: :ah: 's and bust that little n00b's day apart. :)

MustangKid
04-21-2005, 01:41 PM
What people dont realize is that these tourneys are designed for the all in player. People always complain about this when there is no need to. THE BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 10 MINS!!! That is just asking for all ins. If you every play a real tourny you will see the diffrence. The sites want you the tourneys like this so they wont last days like the tournaments you watch on TV. Therefore the people who are playing agressive and making moves are the ones playing right.

1rainbow
04-21-2005, 07:35 PM
oh it sure pisses me off too, lots of dead heads do that lately

long_bong
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Do what? go allin?

Thats what you get in freerolls, I would hope that in forum freerolls it doesnt happen though.If it does that would be annouying, I think in forum tourneys like private ones, I believe there a pretty good competition and not alot of people go all in all the time. Its good poker and its free and its fun!

LilWyte
04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I think forum freeroll, have a much more private feel to the game and people dont play like idiots the whole time. 2 reasons...1 there are less people in the game, so its not as much of an all in shootout to get a big stack right away, and 2 in a freeroll with 1500 people, 500 are out in 10 minutes so u need to make a move quick otherwise u are going to be severely short stacked.

The Highflyer
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM
If they play a "loose" stlye then you should pick up on it and make them pay for it, but having the best hand you should never fold......... Having the nuts is a certain win and why doubt it? Just make him pay! ^_^

katzy
04-22-2005, 03:19 AM
some ppl bluff so much to make you call then the 1 time u call they have nuts

headhunter33
04-26-2005, 01:18 AM
i hate it the most when you call someones bluff and then they hit on the river for a higher pair or something, pisses me off