PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Online Strategy???

egthareal
04-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Alot of people have a different approach for their money making strategies in online poker.

Some examples...

Player #1. Plays Limit Poker, Goal is to win $50/day then cashes out and waits till the next day.

Player #2. Plays $100 in tournament satelittes every month in an attempt to get into big $100K + Tournies.

Player #3. Plays big limits 5/10+ Once a month when his/her paycheck comes and either comes up big or loses it all.

Player #4. Enters (3) SnG's a month.

What are your thoughts on these strategies and what is your personal approach to winning online?

--EG

adampad
04-14-2005, 12:11 AM
I alway play .10/.25 NL games until I am bored or start getting drilled. I don't have any set amount I try to win (that would get me in trouble and doing things I otherwise wouldn't). I also enjoy playing $5 or $10 SnGs.

cavaliers09
04-16-2005, 09:24 PM
I just paly for a while. I usually play ring games, cause those pay better for me than SnGs. Recently I've been getting terrible luck at the ring games though, so I havn't been playiong as much. Its so much mroe fun when I'm winning. I've been trying some bonus whorign recently but dont' like it that much. It forces me to play in tables I dont' like that much.
________
CL77 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CL77)

card4
04-17-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm definitely in the player one category. At first, I was just trying to win more in the week then I lost. Then I got to where I set goals for what I'd like to win per hour. I only get in 1-2 (3 if I'm lucky) hours of poker a day so I can't set my goals much higher than $50 a day right now for the limits ($1/$2 and $2/$4 mostly) that I play.

For a while I was focusing on my tournament play and was doing ok in multi table tournaments but they are just so time consuming. Its nice where you know the max you can lose is your buy in but its frustrating to play for 2 hours and be playing excellent poker and then suffer a bad beat late and finish just out of the money.

I tried a few sit and gos and never really did much. I won a few but had a lot more third place finishes. I found myself playing for third too often and thats not really the most profitable strategy for those events.

Overal I play tight agressive. I play a fairly tight game normally but I am usually able to get a feel for when making a move with a weak hand may be in order or when I'm getting good pot odds to gamble w/ a Axs or suited connectors. I am a firm believer that you make the bulk of your money from the mistakes of others. Believe me, there are plenty of bad players out there and good players who are either on tilt or just made a mistake as well.

donvic
04-18-2005, 08:02 PM
my online stratagy??

good question. guess im still trying

to find one.

been playing freerolls to develope my game

and still generate $. been doing that ok.

however as noted, they are great practice

but use a lot of time. thus, am about

ready to start focus on ring games.

attention span is not my strong point. so,

i want to go in play till i have 2-2 1/2.....

then get out.

thanks for asking,

donvic

SeiferFF8
04-18-2005, 11:58 PM
My strategy is that I start off small at the ring game 0.25/0.50 for $5. I always buy-in small since I won't have to worry about pot odds when I go in for little money, in case I'm drawing for a flush or straight. For example, I've seen idiots spending $15 chasing at these when I only have to lose $5 at most. After potentially profitting, I usually leave the table when cards run dry.

If I lose, I go to a 0.50/1.00 table for $10 and try to make up losses.

If I continually lose, I'll go up in tables trying to earn back losses, but always buying in at the minimal. At Noble Poker, the only site I play, I made $950 after starting with their $12 no deposit bonus, now expired. About $600 was made at the 5/10 table when I built up my bankroll, always cashing out in increments of $100. Eventually, my luck ran out and lossed my last $200, but it was all free to start with.

sloppyhand
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
My stategy is to beat you! I really like the 2-5$ buyin tourneys cause the pot gets big and if your patient most ppl get knocked out quick being dumn. before you know it your in the money pool

sloppyhand
04-21-2005, 04:53 PM
No matter what approach you take its gotta work for you. You need to find what your best at and stick with it. When you venture to omaha hi/lo when your a holdem player your bound to get stung.

1rainbow
04-21-2005, 06:32 PM
all in on AA KK & AK

jsmace
04-22-2005, 01:06 AM
i play the flop if i got good starter cards.thats me and thats all

grumpymonkey
04-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Tournaments and playing for my bonus's.I like to play atlest 5 tourny's a day with a couple of freerolls trown in for good measure.

aznb0i
04-22-2005, 01:14 AM
play with the best card fold with the weak cards

katzy
04-22-2005, 02:15 AM
online statagy well there isnt 1 change your style every tourney

thecaptainjs
04-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I havent played online a lot as of late. but when I do play I like to play in tourneys. They are much more fun in my opinion. I have been working on not playing the bad hands, and playing smart, but I have a lot to learn. I like playing with friends (even though I dont have many people I know in the area).

I usually play low blinds texas or omaha (not HL)