PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the day: YOUR limit

adampad
04-10-2005, 05:17 PM
One of the most important things to me is playing at a level I am comfortable with.

Rule #1: Never buy in with more money that you wouldn't feel comfortable losing or bigger limits than you are ok with. You will most likely play tight or be nervous leading to bad decisions. Build your bankroll steadily and increase your levels of play accordingly. You may also find your style of play is more profitable at different levels as well.

Rule #2: Never buy in with too little money. When you buy in to a tourny and the entry fee isn't very much to you, its easy to lose focus. People tend to play much to loose when they could care less. How many times have you seen people call all ins early in a tourny with garbage. Play at some free tables after gambling with real money all day and see what happens.

card4
04-17-2005, 04:29 AM
Excellent advice. I know alot of people out there, recommend reaching a certain amount of money in your bankroll to determine when you should move up into higher limits. For me, I play where I am comfortable. It doesn't matter if I've got a bankroll of XXX amount of dollars if I'm not comfortable losing X amount of dollars on any given session. Even the pros run bad so I know that I will have my share of losing sessions. I just dont want it to be a case where I lose an amount that throws my game off.

$10 to one person might represent an entire bankroll, while $100 to another might be a loss limit they set for themselves and still another player might not bat an eye at swings of a thousand dollars or more per hand. Its all about how much you are willing to put up on any given night.

donvic
04-18-2005, 08:10 PM
adampad,

yes good advice. however, for me there

is a level of discomfort whenever i put even

one cent of my family´s money at risk.

so i need to push past the comfort zone.

i make money playing freeroles, however,

not a lot. too much time. now that i´ve

learned the basics. time to push into the

discomfort zone.

best,

donvic

SeiferFF8
04-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Great advice adampad. I would tell this to everyone I know, but then again, it contradicts the fact that I want to take their money.... :o

Nevertheless, I this is an excellent tip to apply all your poker gatherings.

kansaspoker
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
You should also never lose more then 30 BB in a session!

1rainbow
04-21-2005, 06:40 PM
ty for the info adam