PDA

View Full Version : Same mistake

Breitenfeld
04-08-2005, 06:24 AM
It's too bad when we do the same mistake repeatedly (I did it two or three days ago and I have put it here).

Freeroll, 1096 entrys, 37 players left, highest stack 75.000, average 22.000, my stack 28.000.

UTG I raise to 10.000 with

:jc: :tc:

Everybody folds except BB. The flop:

:6h: :5c: :9h:

BB checks. I take my time and go all-in. BB (stack of 50.000) calls with:

:ac: :5d:

Next cards:

:4s: :kd:

After that I have remembered a suggestion on my previous post about the same mistake.

Checking on the flop, the same on the turn, if possible, and all-in after the K. If BB started to play aggressivly, I could have folded and would have remained with 18.000 for another try. What I did was probably too obvious in a loose (freeroll) tournament! (I myself would not have called this raise from UTG with A5 in the first place!)

For not appearing as an absolute fool, I was aware that I was bluffing with my hole cards, of course!

dad604
04-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I presume it was full table and not short handed. What were the blings? I would not have bet 10,000 UTG with JT suited or not. If I was button or co I would bet 3x BB, more to steal the blinds than hope to win show down. JT UTG to MP1 is not a good hand.

donvic
04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
yea agree you risked a lot to gain just a little.

better to make the pot sized bluff. plenty

strong enough.

best,

donvic

kansaspoker
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I agree with not raising preflop. J10 suited is a hand that I want a lot of people seeing the flop with.

The real benefit of this hand is hitting a straight, which will be the nut straight, so why wouldnt you want more people in the hand.

Also, never bluff in a freeroll....

card4
04-20-2005, 03:11 AM
j10s is a good hand preflop. The problem is that a lot of people (professionals included) really overvalue it. While you can make a lot a strait possibilities and flush as well, you need to really hit on the flop to play on with this hand. I don't think its a bad hand to try a blind steal with UTG. I don't see in your post how high the blinds were at this time. I'm guessing 1000/2000 in which case your raise is a little bit of an overbet (5x BB) but not a huge overbet. If the blinds were a lot lower then I would say you shouldn't have risked 1/3 of your stack on a steal, especially since you had an above average chip stack.

You completely missed on the flop and moved all in. I'm surprised that your opponent found the guts to call you in that spot. The only thing I can figure is he put you on AQ or AK and figured you missed completely and he now had you dominated. Also, w/ a stack of 50000, he can afford to risk the chips needed for a call and still have about an average stack if he loses.

2Tone
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
but what the heck are you doing going all-in on a bluff when you have an above average chip stack? Don't know how many positions paid with over 1000 entrants, but I'd say you are much better off waiting for a premium hand while a few more of the short stacks go bust getting you closer to the $.

1rainbow
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
i've done the same thing :(