PDA

View Full Version : Incredible call

Breitenfeld
03-31-2005, 06:26 AM
It was a freeroll tournament with $ 500 in prices. O.K., players are extremely loose, but at a certain point the game should become more serious. 1.060 players, 220 still in the game. My stack was pretty bad, only 1.800. Therefore I have decided to gamble and call the blind of 300 UTG with KTs. Only the BB stays in the pot. The flop: 3 - 9 - J (rainbow). BB, his stack more than 5.000 bets 300. I go all-in and BB calls. With what? With Q - 6 offsuite!!!
I would not tell the story, if the turn would not have brought a 6. The river did not save me.
Even expecting that I was bluffing, how can somebody call on this flop with Q - 6? (ending up rewarded for this crazy call!)

zerOT
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Eh... well I can't find where to edit my last post so scratch my question I just reread your post, and you're right, that was an incredible call... incredibly bad. Unless he thought you were pushing with nothing but a straight draw in which case he could either win or tie with Q high? Really I'm not sure. Oh well goes to show you that most players aren't really all too serious in FR's... even though I'll be going for the gold in the forum FR coming up. :)

card4
04-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Its always tough when someone with garbage draws out on you. In your shoes with 1800 in chips and the BB at 300, I would have just moved all in preflop if I was going to play. Once you fall below 4 or 5 times the big blind its hard to get anyone to lay down when you raise. KTs isn't a great hand but you needed to gamble and in that spot I would say the right play is moving all in preflop.

boburke
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Ridiculous play on his part. I can see why he did it though, he had the chips to suck you out. I hope you didn't curse at him as so many people do.

FrankBoard
04-04-2005, 11:03 PM
i might have to cosing with card4 here, in order to make any such move, you need at least 5 times the BB....

plus since you had nothing significant (not even a pair on the flop), it wasnt that bad of a call...(depending on his stack)....

but i will always say...
you cannot fault the bettor...
but can always fault the caller...

just my nickel,
f

mikester47
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Definatly not a good call, but not really a good play by you to just limp in with your K 10 and let the big blind see it. Perhaps your seat position was one that made you limp in with it. I'm not sure, but freeroll people are dumb. Except anything from them.

Benjammin15
04-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Thats a tough call for him to make but it wasnt too many chips and he had no money invested in the tournament. Some people just dont understand poker

donvic
04-18-2005, 10:32 PM
agree with boburk. he thought he had

a good chance of you folding. but the why call

your all in??

maybe your all-in was ill-timed. i agree pre-flop better.

best,

donvic

1rainbow
04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
ppl seemingly call like that all the time & i don't understand it either

The Highflyer
04-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Terrible call but in many tournaments the larger stacks will take any chance to eliminate someone and get closer to the $. Probably what happened in this case.

grumpymonkey
04-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Yea"suc out"is a good discription of what happened,you see it alot in freerolls nomatter what stage in the tourny your at.

aznb0i
04-22-2005, 02:18 AM
its all luck mostly when its river

katzy
04-22-2005, 03:17 AM
some ppl do get lucky for doing the worst