PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of Tips For Poker?

egthareal
02-18-2005, 08:23 PM
In the past year Tips For Poker has expierenced a phenomenal growth. In the past (6) months alone we have gone from 200visitors a day to well over 2,000. We have tried to work in every possible way to prepare Tips For Poker for the future and make it better in every possible way.

Now is your chance to give us feedback. Please, let us know your thoughts about T4P. Good or bad lets hear it. What can we do better, what are we doing good and what would you like to see more of?

yellowcab
03-04-2005, 03:32 AM
I like the look of the new forum. It is very appealing to the eye and easy to navigate.

thecaptainjs
03-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I think the site itself is a good site.
One thing you may want to consider is that there are two types of visitors:
The new visitor (has been here less then 3-4 times)
and the returning visitor.

for new visitors, your fine.

for returning, I think you may want to have some visible updates. its hard to tell when a new free-money poker has been added.

While the layout is good for now, I think you may want to build something dynamic in the future (programming wise).
This will be easier to maintain and add new content.

you could always software similar to that on slashdot.org.
or geeklog.

You have a good site, and there is a lot of potiental to become bigger and even more prominent.
if you redid the entire thing and cleaned up all of the pages, making it more flashy and easier to get the information I think you would see a lot more returning people.

forum wise, if you want more traffic, you need to add an off topic section.
look at techie websites for examples.
there are techie sections then the "misc" sections. The misc sections is what keeps the board running and then you have the rest who are posting in the techie sections. the misc gets more traffic, but overall, it makes people feel like its an active alive board and they would get an answer for their question or be more interested in posting.
examples: thetechzone.com forums, 4peeps.com forums.

Ill be happy to help you if you want some.

lepermessiah57
03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
I really like the look of the new forums, but i agree that a misc section will help keep the site going and the regulars returning. Keep up the good work however!
________
Aprilia RS250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_RS250)

egthareal
03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Thank You Guys For Your Valuable Feedback!

>> In regards to a Misc. / Offtopic forum section ; it will be added today! That is a great idea and something that really does make a well rounded forum.

>> With the layout - its been a problem that has haunted us since we became "big" ; initially we never planned to be this big. So our site is not really dynamic at all. Everything is manually edited by hand and is very time consuming. Currently, we are looking into various forms of CMS (Content Management Systems) that have these features and more : Vbulletin Forum Integration, RSS Capabilities, Ability to add various sections, Photo Galleries and more. The only two pieces of software we have come across are PHPNuke, PHPCow, and Subdreamer. PHPNUKE is the optimal choice for Tips For Poker. We are working to try to get everything ready for a smooth transition sometime in early April or May.

Thanks Again,
EG